The most celebratory festival of siblings, Raksha Bandhan is the annual festivity that is celebrated on the full moon of the Sharvana month. And while you might just know about the Rakhi ritual, there’s a lot more added to it. It’s historical inferences, the auspicious timings to celebrate, the many types of rakhis and what importance it holds in a heart of a sibling.
- l From the Mahabharata’s Lord Krishna and Draupadi to Goddess Laxmi and Bali, the siblingship goes to Roxanna and King Porus all the way to karnavati and King Humayun. History stands that a sibling bond has been victorious than any other alliance. While modern world orders rakhi online and celebrates the siblingship, these ancient rulers, gods, and goddesses have embraced via unique threads and tokens. The meaning of the celebration might have changed, however, the essence and the vigor remain the same.
- l While a whole day is dedicated to the celebration of the rakhi festivity, the fact lies that there are auspicious timings and Shubh muhurat to tie the scared bond. You might have procured the Raksha Bandhan gifts with so many efforts, but you gotta wait for the right time to celebrate it as it is foretold that celebrating rakhi at the odd hours is not considered auspicious.
- l Mauli threads and Rudraksha have been famous for ages. However, with the advent of time and with the downpour of creativity, the rakhi have taken more than 40 types and have caused a helluva trouble for a sister as to which one to get for her brother. Zardosi, Silk, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Metallic, Sandalwood, Rudraksha, Fancy, designer, Evil eye, Beads, Gemstones, so many types to choose from.
- l Earlier it was the gulab jamuns and rasgullas with which sisters used to savor the celebration delightfully. These, although have changed with the time and now it is the handmade chocolates, flavorsome jar cakes, pastries, cupcakes, muffins, waffles, cakes, with which the festivity is celebrated. Along with these, the Rakhi Gifts for brother also includes clothing, apparel, grooming products, smart watches, sports wears, personalized gifts such as lampshades, tabletops, cushions, keychains,etc.,
- l Ancient times reveal that a brother used to hug her and give her a unique token that would remind her of him, especially in the times when they are not together. And the same ritual is carried forward even today, all the brothers find a perfect return gift such as spa and beauty hamper, gourmet hampers, personalized gifts such as teddies, mugs, keychains, lampshades, clothing apparels, watches, handbags, clutches, and many more.
No matter which part of the world you are in, you can always infuse love and joyfulness by sending Rakhi gifts to India straight to your brother. Whether you are in USA, UAE, UK, Europe, Austrailia, just grab a rakhi gift online and place your order. And, now that you know how to reach out to your loved ones and everything related to Rakhi, it’s time to begin the celebrations now! Happy Raksha Bandhan, everyone!