There are different examples of leaves that function in medicinal capacities on ReviewsBird.com. These leaves are herbs that can also be used as a supplement in treating any health issues. Kratom, with the botanical name Mitragyna speciosa, is native to countries like Thailand, Malaysia, and a few other countries in South Asia.
As a tropical evergreen tree, other people’s feedback reveals that it can be used as a sedative and a stimulant. It has also been revealed to be used to treat chronic pain and withdrawal from opium dependence. It is also valuable for treating digestive ailments. However, there are limited trials that ascertain the health effects of kratom.
People always want to know if the kratom is safe to consume. The safety nature of the leaf can be measured with consideration to a few factors. There are positive effects and there are also negative effects especially in times of overdose. In Thailand, it has been banned. However, it is regulated in many other countries. This is because it is considered addictive. This makes it unsafe for consumption.
How Legal is It?
Kratom is illegal in countries like Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, and many other countries. It is however legal in the United States of America. This is because it is often used as alternative medicine in the USA.
Risks of Kratom
Kratom is used to relieve and manage pain. It is also used at low doses and high doses sedatives as a stimulant. Although these are not yet scientifically proven to be true. The following are a few risks:
- Its consumption can lead to seizures and it can also damage the liver.
- Kratom has also been said to have been used with other substances and drugs which makes it more dangerous. Drugs likeKrypton with Kratom can arouse respiratory complications. This can eventually lead to death.
- The regular use of the drug can also cause addiction and insomnia. However, just like drugs always do, it could cause a lack of appetite.
- The stimulants features of kratom ignite include alertness, giddiness, sociability, reduction in motor coordination, etc.
- As a sedative, it has been said to permeate a user with euphoria and calmness. However, it leads to discoloration of the cheeks and as earlier noted, it can cause insomnia.
Benefits of Kratom
- It is used to treat pain, fatigue, diarrhea, muscle cramps, etc.
- It has also been said to be useful for libido enhancement.
- It has 7-hydroxy mitragynine, which is said to be far more potent than morphine. This is why kratom has been used as an effective pain reliever by many people.
- Kratom also enhances the mood. According to users, it alleviates the withdrawal of ethanol and morphine symptoms.
- It is also a hunger suppressant and antidepressant agent.
However, when the withdrawal period kicks in, the following are often apparent:
- Muscle and bone pain
- Reduced locomotion of the limbs
- Inability to work, etc.
Also, to know if you have taken too much kratom, some symptoms will manifest. Such symptoms include lethargy, slurred speech, impaired motor skills, aggression, delusions, tremors, and a few other related health issues.